Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The elk herd

Yet another time, I squealed at Mark to pull off the road, I had to take a picture.  We were just outside of Trinidad, California. I saw elk in the meadow, just off the highway.  I grabbed my long lens and worked my way quietly from behind so that I could get a good shot.  I was oblivious to everything around me except for this herd of 8 elk.  They were breathtaking.

I barely moved and put my camera in quiet mode so that I wouldn't disturb these magnificent creatures.  I was unaware that our big rig and my long lens were drawing a crowd, and soon the elk were scared away.  But, not before I had a chance to capture some moments of my own.  Thanks Mark, for once again sitting patiently in the motorhome while I was taking pictures by the side of the road. 








I think this was about the time when all the cell phone carrying tourists arrived!  




No comments:

Post a Comment