Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Along the Pacific Coast of California

We headed West from Napa and started our way up the Pacific Coast Highway (Highway 1). Unfortunately, several parts of the highway were restricted and we were too long to take the 1, so we moved to the 101.  These are pics from North of San Francisco along the highway.

It's a mystery to me, I can't figure out where they put the other leg!

So there's a crab and a bird in this pic!

Harbor seals, What a life!

Egrets.


This is a redwood: I think the sequoias were prettier.

I didn't expect clover on the forest floor.

The Eel river was very dry.  It is so strange to see the impact of the drought in this area.  

The blackberries were abundant and we stopped to pick them several times.  What a treat!

The dry eel river.

My fascination with bridges continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment