Sunday, September 10, 2017

Plan B: Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park

We postponed our trip to Yellowstone because of the Montana wildfires and the significant smoke in the region. But Plan B offers beauty relaxation and some new and familiar sights.  We arrived in town and unbeknownst to us there was a Scottish festival in town.  People were practicing bagpipes at the campsite and there was a definite international flare to the visitors. Mark enjoyed the opening day of college football while I ventured into the park.

I took the original, unpaved, road through part of the park.  Rushing water was my music of the day as Chapin Creek could be heard rushing by my window for most of the ride.

Alpine region of RMNP
The sky was overcast so part of the creek was in sun and part in shade.  It provided a nice effect at this man-made fall. (or is it falls?)
The creek.

The proverbial trees falling in the forest.  They are heard only by the many animal inhabitants!

The aspens are turning golden at the higher altitudes.  Thanks Alex Phung for your great tips!

Photo friends, I pulled out my 100mm macro for this shot.

Rocky Mountain high!

This guy was right outside my window. We watched each other for about 15 minutes when I finally decided to move on. 


Photo friends: I was very excited to use my new Sigma 150-600mm long lens for this.  Handheld, it was still clear enough to crop at 600! This was my kind of hunting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment