Monday, June 9, 2014

From where I sit

Western Iowa just before the Bluffs.  

And then the storms rolled in.


Exciting times ahead! We've put about 3,000 miles on the Breeze and are finding all of the bugs and rattles.  The sattelite is hooked up, so is the sirius xm radio.  We bought a Chevy Equinox and had it prepped to tow behind the rig.  The starter on the generator is being replaced.  We can both drive and back up the motorhome with little issue.  We've figured out most of the buttons and adjustments and are ready to road trip!

My driver and his co-pilot!


Today we stopped at AAA and picked up maps, tourbooks, and Woodall's RV guide. We're leaving this Friday and heading West. We have only 2 things on our calendars for the next month so we're taking the show on the road. We don't know exactly where we'll stop, but I hope to pay my respects to the McManus Men at Mt. Evans before we head to Phoenix for the Real Estate Educators' meeting.  I know I have to be Minneapolis by July 14th, so we have lots of time in between.

First stop: Verizon.  I've upgraded to an 8 gigabyte hotspot.  I should be internet ready and able to take conference calls from my office in the back.  We had an adapter put in so that I can use the tv as a computer monitor.

TJ and Megan have agreed to watch the house and mow the yard.  We'll leave them overnight envelopes and cell phone numbers so they can ship mail to us if there is anything important.

Haircuts for all of us (including Georgy!) lots of laundry and some wardrobe planning so that we can be prepared to work, play and possibly attend a wedding in July. We plan to be gone for at least 4 weeks.

Did I mention that I'm excited?  


No comments:

Post a Comment