Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Desert beauty

We're in Gold Canyon, Arizona where the temps are in the 80s during the day, 50s at night and the air is dry!  I appear to be young when I'm with people in this area, but I am not nearly as young in spirit nor as fit as my neighbors! There are hiking trails, workout rooms and golf courses everywhere (and they're always full!)

View from our RV site
Every time I see a Saguaro I'm just amazed at the simplicity and complexity.  These large cacti can have up to 25 arms. The roots are not deep: typically a tap root that is about 2 feet deep and then surface roots that are as long as the plant is high. The cacti are protected in Arizona and they can live to be 150-250 years old.  
Add caption

Motorized parasailers at sunset.


the white sands (outside of Alamagordo on our way to Phoenix)

The desert is in bloom!



No comments:

Post a Comment